Turmeric smoothie recipe & content provided by Ryan Carter
Spice up your shake routine with this turmeric smoothie bowl. This wonder-spice turns your drinks golden and amps up their nutrition with anti-inflammatory benefits and antioxidants.
Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. Curcumin is known to reduce inflammation, neutralize free radicals, and boost antioxidant enzyme defense systems. Since curcumin becomes more bioavailable with fat, this turmeric smoothie uses coconut milk to help you maximize its benefits.
There’s one more secret ingredient in this turmeric smoothie: Pre-cooked and frozen cauliflower. Not only does it add a neutral creaminess, it also has its own superfood powers. Cauliflower contains choline, folate, and vitamin C, plus glucosinolates. Glucosinolates are anti-inflammatory antioxidant compounds with detoxification benefits.
To save time on turmeric smoothie prep, I always steam lots of cauliflower in batches and freeze it to keep on hand whenever I prepare shakes. Enjoy all on its own, or paired with a plate of bacon and eggs for an ultra-filling meal.
Tropical Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
Start to Finish: 5 minutes
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (BPA-free)
- 1 cup pre-cooked and frozen cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 scoops of collagen protein (plain or vanilla)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup filtered water, or more to taste
- In a blender, add all ingredients except collagen and water, and blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Add collagen and water and blend on low speed until just incorporated to avoid damaging proteins. Add more water for a thinner consistency, if desired.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with toasted coconut flakes and sprinkle of turmeric, if desired.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 446
- Protein: 29g
- Total Carbs: 23.9g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugars: 14.2g
- Net Carbs: 15.8g
- Total Fat: 45.5g
- Saturated Fat: 40g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.68g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.95g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 133mg
- Potassium: 782mg
- Vitamin A: 18mg
- Vitamin C: 78mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Zinc: 2mg