Most chocolate treats can cause inflammation and sugar spikes, thanks to the sugar, the processed flour, the hydrogenated oils, and other additives.
On the other hand, researchers found that people who consumed 45 grams of high-quality chocolate (85% cacao) daily for two months improved their HDL cholesterol levels. 
It's okay to indulge a little, as long as you avoid chocolate with a lot of additives and also make sure your chocolate is mostly cacao.
This rich, chocolatey ice cream without sugar and preservatives is a great way to treat yourself while maintaining a healthy diet. With high-quality ingredients like free-range eggs and XCT Oil, you can enjoy the boost of energy and reduced cravings while still feeling confident that what you're eating is good for you.
This recipe includes conversions to accommodate everyday cooking utensils, but a scale will give you much more accurate results.
Thanks to our friend Jordan Pie for this amazing Bulletproof recipe!
Keto Chocolate Ice Cream
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 4 or 5 pasture-raised egg yolks (in addition to the whole eggs)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 100 grams (7 tablespoons) grass-fed butter or ghee, melted
- 50 grams (3.5 tablespoons) cacao butter, melted
- 60 grams (6 tablespoons + 1 scant teaspoon) XCT oil
- 50 grams (3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons) coconut oil, melted
- 50 grams (3.5 tablespoons, or more to taste) granulated sweetener of choice
- 50 ml (just under 1/4 cup) filtered water or ice
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 1 or 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- Add all the ingredients (starting with 30 grams of your chosen sweetener) into a high-powered blender and blitz together for 1-2 minutes.
- Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness by adding a little more if needed.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and churn for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy this incredibly nourishing and delicious ice cream.
Serving size: 1 serving (about 37 grams)
- Calories 177
- Total Fat 14g
- Saturated Fat 9.5g
- Cholesterol 102mg
- Sodium 18.5mg
- Total Carb 3.7g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugars 0.5g
- lirotein 2.7g
- Vitamin A 7%
- Vitamin C 1%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 4%